Monday, October 17, 2011

Questions Answered.

Cheryl says - Click on one of the tags at the bottom of a post on this site. To what kind of content does it lead? Could that content help in promoting online community and is this a useful affordance or a drawback for educational courses like the one we’re engaged in here? Blog your responses to these questions.

The content that it leads to are articles regarding this project.  Most of the articles are up to date and I believe that , yes, these could and should help in promoting an online community that have an interest in this area.  The only way that this would be a drawback to our course would be if the materials were based on bias. Anyone out there agrees?

Cheryl asks - Look back on your blog posts and organise them by adding tags. This can be as formal or as fun, as workmanlike or as personal, as you like – you decide how you want to present your information! Blog about whether you think this is order or anarchy.

I have just tagged my first post with the tags of 'Heaven' and 'Common Craft', Heaven is a joke but Common Craft I feel sure I will refer to in my posts again and again.  I have also tagged all the authors I have mentioned. This is order, anarchy would be tags that did not make sense, ex. Cheryl asks.

Cheryly says - Visit the Creative Commons Licence Chooser and assign your blog a CC licence. You can download the logo, type of licence and link to appear in your blog, adding it as a Text Widget under the Appearance menu of your Dashboard.

Done, see top right of page.

Cheryl says - Blog about your thoughts on using a Creative Commons licence for the teaching materials you devise. Who should own the copyright to your work? What are the sociocultural implications of creative commons licensing, bearing in mind what we said at the Day School about the digitisation of content?

It does feel very authoritarian in applying this license to my blog; however, I have had people in the past pass my work off as their own and have found this very frustrating.  I’m not sure though how I would challenge anyone passing my work off as their own even with a CC license applied.

Finally, if I produce materials in my own time, for this course which I have paid for, then I own the work.  If I produce learning materials in school time then the school owns the work.  Is this right Geoff?

No comments:

Post a Comment